The October 2021 course will again be online for a small group of 12 people. It has been wonderful to offer this course to people in the convenience of their homes and a welcome way to meet and connect with others who may live further afield. I hope you will find learning mindfulness online as enjoyable as I have found teaching it.
Mindfulness is the mental exercise of moving your attention from busy and unhelpful thinking to focus on the here and now. By doing this repeatedly, as you would a physical exercise, the brain develops healthier connections, leaving you feeling calmer and more in control of your life. The 8-Week Mindfulness for Life course, developed by the University of Oxford Mindfulness Centre, and taught by Debbie Larson, HCPC registered occupational therapist and BAMBA listed mindfulness teacher, uses neuroscience to teach mindfulness and has been shown by research to improve health. People who complete an 8-Week Mindfulness course experience:
- Lower stress, anxiety and depressive symptoms when compared to a control group
- Improved working memory
- Improved ability to focus
- Greater satisfaction with their relationships
- Improved fear modulation
- Greater immune function
- Reduced psychological distress
- Lower blood pressure
- Better cognitive scores (particularly in older people and people with Alzheimers Disease)
- Reduced cell ageing
- Improved ability to cope with the pain, anxiety and depression that can accompany a chronic condition
- Improved ability to overcome addiction due to reduced psychological distress
- Improved sleep
The 8-Week Mindfulness for Life course qualifies as a pre-requisite course for people who wish to progress to becoming a mindfulness teacher themselves.
2021 Autumn Evening Online 8-Week Mindfulness for Life Course
Instructor: Debbie Larson
Dates: Monday Evenings
4th, 11th, 18th October; 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th November (no class 25th October)
Time: 7:30-9:15 pm
Booking: Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book a place. Places can be reserved with a £50 deposit.